As summer vacations gets underway for all the youngsters, I thought it would be fun to write a post about how great it is to be a kid. As I work my 8-5, childhood nostalgia kicks in. Happy first day of summer!
10 Reasons It’s Great to be a Kid
- You bank at “Mommy & Daddy’s Wallet”. My kids were perusing the toy aisle of our local Target. When I asked them if they had money, my daughter replied “Daddy will pay for it”.
- Temper Tantrums. Let’s face it, it just isn’t acceptable for an adult to have a tantrum.
- Nap time. Enough said.
- Personal Driver & Shopper. They get driven every where they want to go. They get new outfits all the time. The latest trends, the seasonal updates, the SHOES! They get personally styled and dressed every morning too.
- Custom designed lunches. It’s totally normal to have your food cut into shapes.
- Event planner. Come on, those parties didn’t plan themselves.
- Fearlessness. You can leap off imaginary mountains or climb the counters to get to your favorite cereal.
- Pillow forts. You want to take the cushions off of the sofa to make a pillow fort? Sure!
- Shameless Honesty. We stood in line at the store and she blurts out, “Why is her hair so ugly?” Oy.
- The wonder of magic & imagination. Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, Easter bunny, Princess Aurora – they bring you such wonderful things!
Don’t kids have it great? What are some of your “It’s Great to be a Kid” reasons?