I love an easy recipe…especially when it involves chocoatel.
These truffles use only 3 ingredients, are “no-bake,” and you can make them ahead of time**
Oreo Truffle Recip
- 1 — 16 ounce package Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 — 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 16 ounces white baking chocolate — (don’t use melted white chocolate chips)
1. Crush about 30-35 of the cookies in the food processor, to fine crumbs.
2. Add cream cheese. Mix until well blended. (Tip: Some Oreo truffle recipes tell you to place the Oreo crumbs in a bowl, and add the cream cheese by hand. I just mixed the cream cheese into the Oreos in the food processor because it seemed easier.)
3. Roll cookie mixture into about 30 balls, about 1-inch in diameter. (Tip: If the mixture starts to get too gooey & wet, put it in the freezer or refrigerator for a few minutes, to harden it back up again).
4. Recommend: place balls in the refrigerator for about 1 hour (the freezer, for less time) until firm. This will make them easier to roll in the chocolate.
5. Follow directions on baking chocolate package in order to melt the chocolate.
6. Dip the Oreo & cream cheese balls in white chocolate. (Tip: I used two forks to roll the balls in the chocolate.)
7. Place on wax-paper covered baking sheet. (Tip: I placed mine on wax-paper covered small plates, because there was no way I could fit large baking sheets flat in my refrigerator.)
8. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
1. I found that I needed a lot more white chocolate than the recipe called for, almost twice as much. I recommend buying extra, just in case.
2. I used both “Ghiradelli” brand white dipping chocolate, and Baker’s semi-sweet white baking chocolate. They both worked equally well, but I felt like the Ghiradelli was more “white” in color.
3. The balls will not look perfect. The more you practice, the better they will look.
4. You can garnish the balls too, with either some of the crushed cookie mixture, or a dark chocolate drizzled on top would look cool too.
5. You can make these truffles with milk or dark chocolate too. I just like the contrast in color of the Oreo mixture and the white chocolate.
6. I used Double Stuff Oreos, but regular Oreos are okay too.