My 2015 Review
My 2015 was another good year, filled with a lot more good than bad. Granted, I’ve always been a “half glass full” type of person; always seeing the positive and always moving on from the negative. So there are no complaints. I had another wonderful year of discovering new things with my family and a boat load of laughs to fill my memory.
However, I’m always one for reflection and reassessment. I strive to always do better each day so I still broke out my year into Naughty & Nice lists. There were some misses but there’s always a new year to work on those. Check out my list.
- Wedding Photographer. YES! I had a successful, inaugural year as a wedding photographer. I loved being in that energy. I love witnessing real life love stories. Add in some travel and life is pretty peachy keen. This year I got to travel to the French countryside to photograph a castle wedding. Dream coming true….CHECK!
- Live Simply. Okay, it’s hard to follow-up a French Castle wedding with “Live Simply” but I spent a lot of time this year purging the excess. I got rid of a lot of things we didn’t use, need or want. We spent more time at home with each other. Adventure doesn’t have to be as grand as France. There was a plethora of it in our own backyard.
- Connect. I spent more time with family and friends. This wasn’t as much as I wanted but it was more than it had been. I wanted to connect with friends and family outside of the digital world – with coffee and food and great conversation.
- Travel. We made our regular excursion to Maui but I loved being able to visit Europe again. It felt nice to ride the train to the country and explore new scenery. It was a dream come true and one I’d love to repeat again. We also ventured to Disneyland and Newport Beach, hung out in Half Moon Bay and took the kids to Lake Tahoe.
- Health. I had a couple of medical scares that really pushed me to evaluate my lifestyle for 2016. I’ll never, ever, forget how sad Malia was having to Facetime me while I was in the hospital.
- Progress, no progress. The weight I lost, I gained back. Very naughty! I have to stop rewarding my progress with cheesecake. Seriously. I lost 15 pounds and just hit a wall with my progress. NOT GOOD!
- Time Management. I spread myself very thin in 2015. It’s time to re-prioritize and CHANGE! My stress levels (and blood pressure) would probably be better if I were more organized. I actually bought a PLANNER at Target the other day. lol A PLANNER! I haven’t used one of those since my college days.
- Fear. I have to stop letting my fears stop me from living the life that I want. I need to find a way to pursue my photography without letting it take more time away from my family. I need to start making some hard choices about our future and commit to that change.
- Spiritual Wellness. I’ve been lazy about attending church this year. I could post a million excuses on here but none of them matter. This WILL change in 2016, even if it is a solo venture.
What was 2015 like for you? What are you working towards in 2016? Do you have a favorite planner? 🙂 Share it in our comments?