Yes, a list! I love them. They keep me organized and motivated. In 2016, I hope to tackle 1-2 items on my Home Project List per month.
I want my home to have function but still look nice. And since the hubby and I are trying to make smarter financial choices, I have a feeling we will be spending more time at home. If that’s the case, then being at home needs to be my haven…or at least part of it has to be.
My 2016 Home Project List
- Create a chalkboard wall. We have a nice blank wall in the eating area of our kitchen. I would love to create a chalkboard wall with an inspirational quote to feature on the wall.
- Organize the kids “activity” space. I’m very big on making every room in the house a useable space. I grew up with formal living rooms and dining rooms that were never used until a party was getting hosted. I never liked that. I love having a place for everything. Our formal dining room will be the Activity table for coloring, crafts (and blogging for mommy)
- Create a daily and monthly family schedule. I want us to be more organized and have a easy to follow schedule for my sanity. lol
- Organize the kitchen cabinets. Remember that comment about useable space? Well, I also don’t want to have unused stuff collecting dust and taking space in our house. I’ve been striving to live simply and more organized every year.
- Create a functional workspace. I love my desk. I love my work. Now I just have to use it and make it pretty and my space.
- Set-up the in-home photo studio. I plan on shooting indoors more this year and am excited to create my home studio.
- Clean out guest room closet. This has been the “junk” graveyard lately. I have boxes of photos and albums, craft supplies and stuff upon stuff. Time to clean that out.
- Organize old photos into albums. Ahhh, I LOVE life in print and I want my home to be full albums and aging photos.
- Get the piano tuned. Malia is turning 4 soon and I’ll be introducing her to music. Piano, guitar….time to get our old piano tuned.
- Re-upholster the dining room chairs. I’ve got the fabric. I’ve got the batting. Time to re-upholster the dining chairs!
This list will grow and change throughout the year but I can’t wait to start tackling the list. Check out my Pinterest board of inspiration (and give me a follow while you’re there!)
Leave a Reply