Oh yes, I’m not exempt from that age old resolution of losing weight, getting healthy, be strong. After a couple of health scares in 2015, it was a wake up call that I need to take more responsibility for my choices and that taking care of myself is a very important thing to do.
Resolution #1: Get Healthy
- Make it a part of my life. I want the choice to make healthy choices a true part of my life, not just a trend or a fad. Prepping my meals and planning my day will become a norm so that I’m not caught off guard. Workouts will be as normal as my morning cup of coffee.
- Participate in at least 5 races. I’m not a great runner. In fact, it’s a struggle. I’m surrounded by avid runners who pursue it at a much higher level than I even want to. But I do love it, even at my snail’s pace. I found that I no longer enjoy running with other people because it affects my mental strength on a run. I do like being in my own head, pushing myself without the pressure of someone else’s pace to hinder me. To push myself further this year, I plan on participating in 5 races. I may run them on my own or with friends, but I’ll have them on my calendar so that I can plan my training schedule and push myself.
- Eat salads 3 times a week. Stop reaching for the chips and munch on some salad.
- Eat fresh fruit or veggies every day. Every. Day
- Hike once a month. I want to explore natural resources and give my workouts a change.
- Try 1 healthy recipe a month. I need diversity in my meals and to introduce myself to new textures.
- Shave 1 minute off my run pace by June. 2 minutes by year end. Oh boy, I sure hope so.
- Get off of my blood pressure medication by year end.
- Lose 30 pounds. This is important to me and I hope that the changes will lead me to this goal.
Come back to see my monthly progress – shout a cheer or offer up a new recipe. I’ll be referring back to this post as I track my progress.
I also invite you to follow @amommentarylife on instagram to see my fitness journey. Use #gethealthy2016 #StrongMom and join in the fun.
Do you have any Health & Fitness Goals for 2016? Please share them in the comments. Feel free to share some of your fitness blog posts too.