It’s been quite some time since I’ve had a gym membership. I found more and more excuses not to go to the gym while still paying that monthly fee. So I made the decision to end my gym membership and finding other ways to get in my workouts without a gym.
My 5 Ways to Workout Without a Gym
- Run. Go for a run. There’s no timer to monitor or a stop button to end the workout. I run out one mile and guess what? I’m going to have to run back that one mile. Boom! Two miles completed.
- Nike Training Club app. I love this app. I download it onto my iphone, pick the workout I want and in 30-45 minutes, I’ve pushed through a full body workout. I’m always sore after one of them but a good sore. The best thing is that I can do it anywhere. It requires minimal, if any, equipment and I always have my phone with me.
- Go for a hike. I love checking out the local trails for a morning workout. The different elevations provide a nice burn to the legs and butt. It also provides fresh air & great scenery.
- Play with the kids. I hate losing valuable time with my kids. Since I work full-time, I only get a few hours with them as it is. To have to spend that time at a gym instead of with them just isn’t right for me. So I play with them. Not only is it awesome for them, but it introduces them to a healthy lifestyle. I’ll open up the back patio doors and throw a ball around with them or a nice game of chase. My daughter loves it when I lay on my back and have her lay on my legs to play Super Man.
- Television. If I want to try a new yoga workout or even a quick cardio workout, I’ll check out On Demand on my television. There are so many wonderful, and free, programs to chose from, right in the comfort of your own home.
What are some of the ways you get a workout in without going to the gym?
If you’re starting your fitness journey, here’s a great resource for Mass Gain Source: What is the Best Beginner Workout?