Sitting down for 8 hours at my desk during a work day often has me thinking about food. Okay, any amount of time doing anything has me thinking about food. If your workplace is anything like mine, there’s probably a candy jar sitting on someone’s desk or a box of donuts has been offered from the management team.
To combat the evil fried, chocolate-y goodness, I like to have a stash of snacks readily available in my “snack stash” and in our refrigerator at work.
My 5 Favorite Snacks while at Work
1. Almonds with Greek yogurt. One of my favorites. It’s creamy, it’s crunchy and it’s satisfying.
2. Sandwich Thins with Almond Butter or Peanut Butter. I’m careful about how MUCH peanut/almond butter I put on but this snack is substantial enough to curb my roaming eye and appetite.
3. Apples with cheese. I like a small honey crisp apple for it’s crunch and sweetness. I’ll dice up some cubes of cheese the night before and have that as a snack.
4. Jicama Slices. My mom got me hooked on these. They have a great crunch and a slight sweet taste to it. I cheat a little and sprinkle some sea salt on top to add contrast.
5. String Cheese. I’m a kid deep down and since my kids like eating it, I tend to have a stash in our work fridge too.
Another tip – I set a snack alarm to go off every two hours to remind me to eat something. It helps me from going hungry and grabbing at anything in front of me — like those darn chocolate old-fashion donuts!
What are your favorite snacks? Share them in the comments