Well, I hate to bulk myself in the group of people that let their resolutions drop off as the month of January passes you by. I wanted to focus on ways to push past the resolutions for this month. It was quite the struggle in February though. The month was riddled with priority deadlines, overtime, sick kids and bad eating.
I’d categorize this month as a failure. However, with failure also comes learning. To me that’s just as important.
Here are some things I’ve learned:
- Stress is a killer. With so much going on in the month of February, it left me feeling spread thin, stressed out and exhausted. It was clear to me that this stress had to be managed better so that it didn’t affect me physically.
- Sleep is important to good health. Some days I tried to force myself to get a workout in. I was never in a positive place or feeling particularly motivated. Most of the time, I just wanted to dig into a jug of ice cream instead. I learned that understanding my body’s signals was very important.
- Meal planning really does work! I didn’t get to plan much this go around because of everything going on and that meant I strayed back towards bad habits.
It wasn’t all bad though. Yes, i gained 3 pounds back from my January weight. But here’s what good I did:
- I ran more outdoors. I enjoyed the fresh air, made my body move and did my best to let the stress go
- I hit 10,000 steps a day on my fitbit at least 3 times. WOO HOO!
- I kept eating my fruits and veggies. My favorite being artichokes. Yum!
Goals for March
- Hit 10,000 3x during the work week.
- Hike once a month
- Improve my run pace
- Stretch after every work out
How are you past the resolutions? Share them in our comments!