The week between Christmas and New Year is such an interesting time. It’s a great time for reflection, change, appreciation, evolution and release. I spent the greater part of that week not only spending quality time with my kids but also thinking about what changes I’ll make for myself in the coming year. 2017 was one of my more busier years. With my growing business, kids in school and life in general I was spread much thinner than normal. That comes with good and bad.
- I worked hard to see big growth and progress with my business and it couldn’t have gone better. It’s projecting to continue on that upward swing.
- I got my health in check. After a couple of health scares, 2017 focused on my health. I’m stronger and healthier than I’ve ever been. I found a workout that I can live with every day and one that doesn’t take more away from my family. I found a super food system that fuels me the way I need. After all that, I was able to go down 2 sizes and released 30 pounds.
- I got promoted and marked my 16th year with a company I’ve worked very hard for.
- With growth and change, I discovered a different me. As the year came to an end, the way I weighed my priorities saw a very big shift. It was a wonderful revelation.
- I worked too hard. When your kids are begging you to stop working and my response is to give them an iPad, something is not right. I don’t like that at all and that will change in the coming year.
- While my business growth was amazing, I was spread too thin and reverted back to my “do it all” mentality. I don’t want to be a jack of all trades. Instead I want to be excellent at what I love.
- I spent less time with friends. As the year came to an end, I came to realize that it had been over a year since I’ve seen some of the friends that are important to me. It wasn’t from a lack of trying but simply not having time available to do it.
Looking Towards 2018
Internal Struggle. For the first part of the year, I want to sit down and truly decide what inspires and moves me. Whatever the answers to those are, that will be my focus for the year. One of my bigger goals for 2018 is to simplify. Simplify my workflow, my day, our home. I want to spend less time juggling things around. In the past I’ve tried very hard to find balance. It hasn’t worked the way I would like. Instead of focusing on balance, I want to focus on being present. I know I have a lot on my plate. What I’m hoping is that my mind won’t be pulled in different directions so much. Maybe if I can finish what I’m working on, I’ll be less likely to juggle things around later. Quality over Quantity.
Wanderlust. I also hope to travel more with my family this year. We’ve got a huge trip coming up this year and I’m beyond excited to experience it with them. The kids thrive in their adventures and I embrace those moments we have together. I hope I take more long weekends, spend more time away from work and at their schools and I want to enjoy more personal projects that I put off.
Personal Care. My health will always be important for me – from good nutrition to emotional balance – I’m a better mom and person when I take good care of myself. I hope to hit more PR’s & lose more inches. More importantly, I want to use my energy with my kids. I’ll dance with them more, jump around, ride bikes and be more active with them.
You Gotta Work. I take after my mom in that I love to work. It’s how I can do all the things I do. But I’m not young anymore so I’ll be streamlining things to go along with the changes to my priorities. I’ll be focusing on being better at what I’m good at.
My heart. If 2017 taught me anything it’s that my family is where I’m happiest. When life got hard, I took time off to spend the day with my kids and life simply started making more sense. Time is moving fast and time is what I want with them.
If you’re reading this, thank you for being a part of my world. May the lessons learned in 2017 set you on a path to a wonderful 2018. #Hello2018
Leave a Reply