2017 proved to be another great year with our families, friends and community. This time between the day after Christmas and the New Year is such a great time to reflect on all the wonderful times and to look towards the future. I’m happy to say that A Mommentary Life has become a home for me with old & new friendships built through our community.
Our Favorites from 2017
- Our online community: In 2017 we launched the online forum to create a space for us to share our thoughts and build on our friendships. We have seen friends come and go but we hope it becomes a place for people to hangout.
- Mom Adventures: I was so excited to have Mellie come out to California to visit me with her family. It was the first time our kids had met and they hit it right off. We got to explore different parts of Northern California. We’ve known each other since meeting each other in an online General Hospital forum & the original My Book Buddies. I also had the opportunity to enjoy a ‘Bad Moms’ weekend with the girls in Arizona. I fell in love with the sunset in the desert. Beautiful country with amazing company. It never ceases to amaze me how the internet brings people together. Some of my best friendships started through the world wide web.
- Exploring with Family: As usual, I spent a lot of time with my camera in hand as we explored the local community together. As travel was kept to an unusual minimum this year, that just meant we explored more of what California had to offer. That’s not too shabby either. Our family is very fortunate to live in such a beautiful state with so many outdoor activities (and beautiful weather) for us to enjoy.
Looking Ahead to 2018
I think of A Mommentary Life as something that is growing and changing over time. It’s identity is evolving and becoming more focused with each passing year. It is our hope that in the new year we continue to grow and provide things of value and relevance to our community. I also hope to forge more connections as my friendships from this group have been a true blessing.
- Life and Love: I’ll be spending more time focusing on my every day life/documentary photography in the new year. This got waylaid a little this past year as my photography pulled me into different directions. Join us on instagram with #lifeandlove and #amommentarylife to share your own family images.
- Home Organization and Decor: We’ll continue share our tips and ideas for home decor and organization. Mellie, our cleaning guru, will have plenty to share in 2018
- Midday Mingle: Who doesn’t love a good meme? Join us on the Facebook page every day for a little Midday Mingle. Check out the question of the day and share your ideas.
- More book discussions: I’d love to see the book club pick up steam again. It takes place monthly and in our book forum. Check into the forum to join the participation list.