Lake Tahoe Family Fun
We took a nice little road trip to Lake Tahoe this past weekend. With work pulling us in so many different directions, our family needed a reset. We took the opportunity to use up some timeshare points and had a late Spring Break getaway to the lake. Here are some of the spots we checked out with the family:
- Bijou Community Park. After playing on the play structure, the kids enjoyed a little adventure roaming through the forest. They discovered pine cones and moss & gathered them as part of their adventure. The weekend we were there had an Earth Day Celebration that featured plenty of activities for the kids.
- Grab a hot chocolate at Clyde’s Coffee Roasting Company at the State Line. The decor is adorable and the people are so nice. Grab an apple strudel & a hot chocolate. The kids enjoyed their drink in the large arm chairs in front of the fireplace
- Visit the arcade. Head over to one of the casinos and let the kids enjoy some time at the arcade. The Harrah’s arcade includes a playhouse for the kids to run & jump around in. It’s also next to the American River Cafe where I like to grab a bowl of wonton soup. Yummy!
- Check out your hotel amenities. Our timeshare provided plenty of family friendly activities including movie night, game room, an indoor/outdoor pool and tennis courts. My kids are water babies so we spent a lot of time at the pool after a day of exploring Lake Tahoe.
- Head to the beach. Take the kids over to Regan Beach to play at the playground or to squish their toes into the sand. A portion of the beach is also dog-friendly. Just remember to clean up after them. Restrooms and free parking are also available.
Of course there are plenty of snow activities during the winter. I didn’t post them here this time since we didn’t do any sledding or visit any of the snow resorts. What are some of your favorite family activities in Lake Tahoe?