I got to attend my first Pop-up Dinner hosted by Handmade Events recently and had such a wonderful experience. The idea always looked so fun for me so when a girlfriend invited me to go, I was all over it.
The concept is simple – a secret location, a design idea, a white dress and mingling. We made our way into Sonoma Wine Country and kept an eye on our e-mail for the location announcement. This year the event took place at Jack London State Historic Park. The rustic winery ruins made for the perfect backdrop for a summer picnic!
We loaded up our wagons with our table decor & food and the decorating was underway. We chose a table next to the wall so we could enjoy the texture against all the white. It also provided shelter from the evening breeze as the sun set behind Sonoma Mountain.
Our table decor consisted of our Marshall’s and Home Goods finds. We went for Island Elegance for our table theme. The Rose Gold Pineapple tumblers were the perfect accent to our table setting.
Eats and Drinks
Oh the Cuvee Champagne was absolutely perfect for this summer soiree. Combined with a Summer Peach salad, flat bread pizzas from Whole Foods and a Charcuterie platter, we were set for our evening meal.
It was definitely a memorable experience and one I would be happy to do again. Everyone in attendance was so friendly and provided so much inspiration for future table design ideas. The energy was engaging and entertaining. A DJ provided dance music for us to dance under the stars with our wine glasses in hand.
Tips for Future Events
As a first timer, I didn’t have many expectations but I did walk away with ideas for future pop-ups.
- Arrive early. We headed into the area before the location announcement so that we could arrive early and have our pick of the tables.
- Bring a wagon. A wagon was so helpful for us. We had a table for 4 people but we still filled up 2 wagons full of decor and food. It was very easy to bring our things to and from the event in one seamless trip.
- Pick a theme. A theme helps to bring together food & decor ideas.
- Bring trash bags and wipes/hand sanitizer. Be clean!
- Mingle. Take the time to visit the different tables and meet new people.
Visit the Handmade Events website for more information on past and future events.