I am so excited to embark on my first 365 Project. If you don’t know what a 365 Project is, it is a year long project where you take a photo a day.
Why a 365 Project?
There are different reasons why people participate in this kind of a challenge.
- Document your life. A 365 Project allows you to capture your life story – from the big to the small. You can capture the simple moments, the small details or the big celebrations.
- Push your photography skills. The project gives you the opportunity to practice your skills. You’ll also be able to try new techniques and push beyond your limits.
- Pause & Observe. Photographing every day gives you a chance to pause and observe the world around you. You may look around your home and see it from a different perspective. You may come upon a regular routine but want to capture the story from a different perspective.
- Reflect and Enjoy. When the year comes to an end, you get to reflect back on the last year. You can relive the story of your life. You will see the changes in your kids and in yourself. You may even see a remarkable change in your own photography. Even better, you can bring your photos or create a slideshow to memorialize the year.
The great thing about this project is you can start any time. It doesn’t have to be on January 1st. Simply pick up your camera and start shooting!
- Pick up your camera at least once a day.
- Take a photo (or photos) of your day
- Pick a photo to share for the day
- Post on social media or save to a dedicated folder so you can look back on the photos at the end of the project.
- Join a community to inspire and share with others!
Join our FB Group: Life & Love Captured
Head on over to the AML FB Group page to meet others who are participating in a 365 Project. Share your photos, ask questions and get tips for shooting everyday. You can also visit us here for a weekly round up of photos from this project.