Thursdays are pretty routine around our house. A day at work, picking up the kids from school and getting ready for the weekend. It also gives me a chance to prep my blogging schedule for next week for A Mommentary Life and Bamboo Leaf Studios. With a full-time job, 2 toddlers, general housework, photography work and blogging, it takes a little work to maneuver through our schedule. Planning things ahead of time has been the key to making it all work.
Thursday’s have become my prep day. It works out pretty good because we’re approaching the end of the week so we use up what’s in our home inventory, we prep for the weekend and we wind up the day. This is what a day in the life looks like for me….on a Thursday:
- 7:30 to 4:30 Work – this never changes, dang it.
- Lunchtime: Final social media push for the past week’s blog posts
- 5:30 NFL Thursday Night Football
- 6:00 Administrative work for the photo studio
- 6:30 Brainstorming blog posts for next week
- 7:00 Writing – if I’m feeling inspired
- Finalize the grocery list to prep meals for next week
All the while, the laundry is running while I work and dinner consists of leftovers from the week. It’s a balancing act but I’m finally finding a schedule that works for me. Believe it or not, Thursday nights are my nights to really unwind. Once 8:00 hits, I unplug from the computer and let myself escape into Grey’s Anatomy and The Originals.
What does your typical Thursday look like? How do you wind down the week and prep for the weekend?