Well shoot, at this rate, I’m going to have a college graduate!
In the past couple of weeks, Malia has been growing and changing at an alarming speed. I almost expect to see my little 2 foot high person to be running around the house like an adult. Can you imagine? Such a funny mental image. It reminds me of the Ally McBeal Dancing Baby. Do you guys remember that?
But here are some of the fun things Malia’s up to lately:
- Pull-up to standing position: She can pull herself up all the way to a standing position when I hold her hands. This is usually followed by a big smile and a scream.
- Bear hugs and Butterfly kisses: My baby girl knows how to hug her mommy! Daddy isn’t so convinced about the hugs. He thinks she’s just clinging to my neck. But I know better. It’s a hug. When I come home from work, she smiles and laughs when she sees me, and proceeds to bury her face in my neck and wrap her arms around. That, my friends, is a HUG!
She’s also slowing grasping the concept of a kiss. Over the last couple of days, she grabs my cheeks and pulls me in for a big, drooly kiss. It’s not quite a butterfly kiss…..more like a preying mantis kiss but a kiss nonetheless. But again, Mike thinks she’s just trying to jam my nose in her mouth…mommy knows better.
- SIZE TWO DIAPERS: This was an important milestone because we’ve had way too many exploding diaper episodes. I don’t know why I fight these things so much. But she’s officially in size 2 diapers and they’re MUCH easier to put on and they contain her explosions so much better.
- Stranger Danger: I’ve noticed more and more that Malia experiences “Stranger Anxiety“. On several occassions, while out shopping, random people will approach her and as she stares at their faces and realizes they’re not someone she knows, she starts crying. With her god-brother, I think she has a recollection of their first encounter because she gets a little anxious around him too.
- Copy Cat: She’s a little copy cat! After an afternoon with her godbrother, she slowly started to imitate some of the things he does. Again, daddy thinks its coincidence, but I know better. LOL
Time is flying by way too fast….but it’s only because we’re having so much fun!
Mama always knows better!