There’s something really magical about the holiday season. There’s so much joy and imagination at this time of year that I can’t help but find ways to create that magic for my kids. As a fairly new mom, I’m often on the look out for fun traditions that embody the spirit of the holidays.
Our Favorite Christmas Traditions
- Meeting Santa Claus at Jelly Belly. Every year, usually on a Saturday morning, I bundle my kids up and take them to the Jelly Belly Factory. Jelly Belly does a beautiful job of creating Santa’s room and each child gets to talk to Santa to their hearts content. Or they’ll cry their eyes out much like my kids did the first couple of years. But I LOVE it. Shorter lines, friendly people and competitive pricing for photos. YAY! But it also means……..
- MATCHING PAJAMAS! Yes yes, I’m one of the THOSE moms. Every year I get my kids a new set of matching PJ’s to wear on their morning visit to Santa.
- The Polar Express. Not only do I love watching the movie with them but I love taking them on The Polar Express ride in Old Sacramento. I can’t say enough about this ride. The first time I rode the train, I nearly cried with the nostalgia of it all. The train takes you to the “North Pole” and along the way you’re treated to dancing elves, a visit from Santa and delicious hot chocolate. A truly imaginative experience for kids of all ages.
Some new traditions I’d love to start doing with the kids now that they’re older:
- Placing the star on the tree on Christmas Eve to signify Jesus’ birth
- Cookies for Santa by the fireplace. Malia insists they MUST be pink
- Gingerbread cookie decorating for Christmas Eve Dinner
Leave a Reply