On the Seventh day of Blogmas, your blogger brings to thee…..
7 Ways of Playing
and a brand new Chrrrrrissstmas Treee!
For the seventh day of blogmas, I’m sharing 7 of my favorite winter activities that we like to do with the family
- Holiday music + dancing. I LOVE holiday music. I like the R&B/Pop ones best like Boyz II Men’s “Let it Snow” and Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas Is You”. I have a Christmas playlist on my ipad that I enjoy blasting as much as my husband will let me. He insists the volume is always too high. Hrmph!
- Baking. From cookies for Santa or Cookie exchanges, it’s the perfect time to try out a new recipe. I don’t mind that extra layer of chubby if it means I get to enjoy the holiday goodies. 🙂
- Catching Snowflakes. This is a treat for the family as it requires us driving 2.5-3 hours to South Lake Tahoe for some snow fun. But walking outside when it’s snowing and trying to catch snowflakes on our tongues is a new family favorite. My son laughs his little heart out at the gentle feel of the snow as it lands on his face.
- Sledding. The best. THE BEST! I wasn’t never much of a fan because I would crash and burn when I was younger. But now I love it. Riding with my daughter down the hill with her squealing “This is soooooooo fun” is music to my ears. It’s just so youthful and fun to live these moments with her.
- Wrapping Presents. When I was a teenager, I worked for Macy’s and LOVED when I got to work in their gift wrapping department. I’m one of those people who find it soothing. I love coordinating my wrapping paper to make it look nice under the tree. I throw in a couple of “gifts from Santa” in a simple wrapping paper to throw the kids off. 🙂
- Driving around the neighborhood, searching for holiday Christmas lights. The kids’ daycare is only 5 minutes from our home but it still takes us 30 minutes to actually get home because the kids love driving down the different streets, squealing at all the wonderful holiday displays. My favorite is little Maxim squealing “Woooooooooooooooow” in his 2 year old voice and yelling out “Ickey” (Mickey!!!) when a jumbo Mickey Mouse happens to be on display on someone’s lawn.
- Hot Chocolate with extra marshmallows. There’s a comfort that comes with cozying up at night with a fresh cup of hot chocolate. I only do this during the holidays but I count it as one of my favorite winter activities. 🙂
Be sure to visit The Coastie Couple and The Petite Mrs who are hosting this season’s 12 Days of Blogmas Event.
I think we need to drive to Lake Tahoe – I want to see snow!! We definitely don’t get enough where we are!
Maryrose S says
Oh it’s lovely! We used to be avid snowboarders but now I have so much fun just playing in the snow with the kids. The Heavenly Village is a great spot to just grab a drink and sit by a fire.