Summer was incredible, but Fall is, by far, my favorite time of the year…and not just because we get an extra hour of sleep the weekend of Daylight Savings.
I live my life in living color (sometimes while doing a Fly Girl routine in my mind). The colors of Fall are awesome. The colors change all around me…from the leaves on the trees to the sweaters worn around the office. It’s such a pretty, warm and cozy season.
So here are 10 Things I Love about Fall:
- Leaves on the ground – I can’t WAIT for Malia to toss and kick them up in the air.
- Pumpkin patches and corn mazes (though I have a major fear of getting lost in a corn maze, and getting transported to Lord Voldemort…)
- Layers: lacy camisoles under soft sweaters, covered by a structured jacket. My kind of gear!
- Colored peacoats and yards of scarves
- Filtered lighting for photography. The blazing summer sun is just not fun for me to shoot in.
- Harvest season in the Napa Valley. It ranks up there with Mustard season in the Napa Valley during spring
- Closed toe shoes/Knee high boots (I can hide my lack of a pedicure a little longer!)
- Spice flavored lattes
- Thanksgiving: A holiday devoted purely to eating and giving thanks. No gifts needed or expected.
- Cooler temps for running those long distances. Go big or go home at the Nike Women’s Marathon!
Okay, admittedly, the fashion wins me over. I just don’t rock the short shorts, mini skirts or flowing dresses like I used to…oh wait, I never could rock them even without the post-pregnancy body or my daily dose of mochas.
And I much prefer warming up in cooler weather, than trying to cool down in excessive heat. It’s all about the cuddling. 🙂