January 2nd will mark my son’s first day at his new preschool. It’s a more structured program than his regular daycare and he will be joining his sister at the same school again. Naturally, I want to find a way to celebrate this milestone in his young life and make the transition be as positive and smooth as possible.
First Day of School Checklist
- Character backpack and lunchbox. With the holidays right around the corner, I made sure to add a new backpack and lunchbox to his stack of presents. I like to build the excitement about his new school well before his first day to help him associate the change to something positive. Since he loves Paw Patrol, he got a Paw Patrol Backpack and matching lunchbox
- Name Labels. Name labels also go onto all of his items so they can be easily identified.
- First day of school outfit. Oh yeah, mommy likes any reason to go shopping. I also like to have the kids pick out an item to wear on the first day of school. Again, it’s a great way to build up some excitement and gives him something to focus on.
- Fresh baked cookies made with love from mommy. I’m no cook in the kitchen, but I do love the tub of tollhouse cookie dough. The night before we scoop out some cookie dough and bake cookies together. They are then put into lunch boxes as a special treat
- A favorite blanket. Don’t forget a blanket for naptime. It’s always good to have something from home to provide your child comfort.
- First day of school photo to remember the moment. There might be tears. The smiles might be small but it’s a big moment for your little one and yourself! Don’t forget to take that first day of school photo.
- LOTS of Hugs and Kisses
What are First Day of School must haves? Share them in our comments!
Leave a Reply