LMAO – totally not as visceral as yours but we had some things in common.
1. Ian taking Jamie’s place. This was one of my favorite parts of the book for the emotional connection. I did not translate well for me. Yes, it had some emotional tones but where was Jamie ignoring customs and blessing his nephew with his own Scottish traditions? This show is rooted in their love for family and for country. Big miss. I’m not a stickler for staying to true to the book and I’ve already said that I’m viewing this show apart from the source material – but I really wanted to see that.
2. How hard would it be to add a filter to age the sets? Even I can do that with my limited video/photo editing experience. Ian going through his “gang initiation” was awfully bright and cheery for such an “intense” moment. Yay Ian for surviving but seriously? I love Ian but again, the filming and production was severely lacking. I apply this critique to every Indian scene. Go watch The Young Riders for a sense of the rawness and grit. The cheering and hooting felt like a concert revelry. It just lacks a sense of dignity, control and honor that you usually get in scenes like that. They just missed the mark on that completely.
3. RME at that ending Brianna scene. GWTW you are NOT. I still like Brianna more than I thought I would.
4. YAY Murtagh for having a little fun. I loved that.
5. I’m glad Roger had his time to himself. I did enjoy the improvements to his character. I was reminded as to why I really did like him in the books. The casting had turned me off but his story and the colors of his character were brought to life for me.