3 years ago today, I married my best friend, the love of my life and my baby’s daddy! Yeah, boy!
And I’m so so blessed to have the life that I have with him. Our lives aren’t perfect, but we face each day with a smile, with optimism and with laughter. At our engagement retreat, I told a room full of people that I knew he was the one for me because he brought laughter into my life every.single.day. And because of that, we would have the fountain of youth. We’d face life in a light-hearted manner and never take ourselves too seriously.
Those words are so true, even today. Yes, we have love, trust and faith. But laughter has been a key ingredient to our joy.
And now that we’re having a child together, I hope that attitude will see us through the late night feedings, the crying, the lack of sleep. But that’s months away, yeah?
For now, I give him brownie points for being a sensitive, caring and compassionate husband to a wife dealing with the first experiences of pregnancy. Here are just a few of my favorite things:
- Making sure I have a pillow propped up behind my back when I sleep, because he knows it gives me back pain when I don’t have it.
- Letting me sleep with the windows open because I’m so hot – even if it means he’s bundled up all night.
- Having my morning glass of orange juice ready for me every morning, but always offering me a couple sips out of his delicious cup of coffee
- Glancing down at my belly during our morning/evening walks, and wondering if baby is enjoying the outing.
- Food runs anytime and every time I have a craving.
- He takes my mood swings with patience and LISTENS to what I say. So my pregnancy hormones have been kept in check with his nurturing. Awesome!
Leave a Reply