Aw, time moves fast when you have a little one in your house. It moves even more quickly when you start paying attention to the little milestones that happen in a span of time. It’s been 2 weeks since Malia was born and I feel like so much time has sped by.
…and it’s only been 2 weeks.
But she’s taught me to cherish every little moment. I look for any growth, every smile and any glimpse of me or Mike in her features or her temperment. The last two weeks have been a joy, even if I am living in a sleepy haze.
But here are just some of the milestones from the last couple of weeks.
- Her Umbilical cord fell off.. Did any of you save this? My mom wanted me too, but I didn’t. It kind of grosses me out.
- Grasp my finger. Oh, I love how she holds onto my finger when she’s breastfeeding or even sleeping in my arms.
- She sleeps on a decent, regular schedule. Oh what a joy this is! I know that it’s likely to change again but I love that I only have to wake up 2 times in the night. I can hang with that!
- She sticks her tongue out at Daddy. Yes, he already teaches her bad habits. LOL! But she’s alert, wide-eyed and observing light and movement.
- She smiles and laughs in her sleep. I can’t wait until I can make her smile and laugh as she interacts with us. But seeing it in her sleep is so much fun.
|I love that smile!|
Leave a Reply