Halloween is just around the corner and I’m so excited for us to dress up in costume as a family. The Halloween fun has been revived now that we have kids. Here’s Malia last year in her Little Lamb Costume. “Mary had a little lamb” — get it? 🙂
This year we’ll use Alice in Wonderland as inspiration for our Halloween costumes. Malia will be Alice. Maxim will be the white rabbit. Daddy will be the Mad Hatter. I’ll be the March Hare. It’s going to be amazing!
For my own costume, here’s how I’m pulling it together:
- I found a long velvet trench coat, $3.00 at the thrift store.
- I’ll pair it with a silk paisley print vest – $1.00
- Summer shorts from my own wardrobe for those warm Los Angeles nights (Did I mention we’ll be in Disneyland?)
- Then I found this adorable “March Hare” hat on Amazon. It’s dainty and sweet, with a perfect tilt on my head. Love it!
- I’ll finish off the outfit with some chucks. Hey, gotta keep it a little funky and comfortable for those long walks through Disneyland
Costume complete for under $20. Awesome!
That sounds like a great costume…
— DT | Here I Scribble