I was talking to my husband the other day about how it’s been months since we’ve watched a movie together. I end up watching something on HBO or OnDemand. Or I’ll visit my shelves of movies and pull some of my favorites. Here are my top 5 favorite movies.
- Anne of Green Gables: This is my rainy day, feel good movie. I always imagine unplugging and just exploring for awhile in my own imagination.
- Lord of the Rings (The Two Towers, to be exact). I love the soundtrack, the characters and the visuals in this installment of the LOTR trilogy
- Gone with the Wind: Oh Rhett Butler, you is bad. Yes, he is very, very bad but so amazingly awesome.
- Pride and Prejudice. I love all versions. Matthew MacFadyen and Keira Knightley have something very special onscreen though. I love watching that one over and over.
- Last of the Mohicans. Daniel Day Lewis. Yeah.
Dirty Dancing and The Sound of Music come in very close too.
I love a strong, layered heroine and a dashing hero. Throw in a bit of romance or an epic setting and it’ll make my list.
What are some of your favorite movies?
J.V Krakowski says
Lord of the Rings seems out of place on that list. Did you read the books?
Maryrose S says
Ha ha – well, aside from the sci-fi, I love the character Eowyn and her own battle to fight for a place in the world. That’s why The Two Towers is my favorite of the books and movies. And I enjoy the parallels to history – it’s such a layered story. I try to re-read the books every few years. It’s also one of my favorites.
I love Dirty dancing!
— DT | Here I Scribble