We are so excited to welcome a new member to our family! Meet Emmitt, our new french bulldog! He is the sweetest little guy I’ve ever met – after my son of course. 🙂 Actually, that’s one of the reasons we chose this little guy. He has a temperament very similar to my son. He is very mellow and snuggly.
It’s been awhile since we welcomed a young puppy to our home so the week leading up to “adoption” day, we were shopping for the puppy essentials to ease him in quickly & to be ready.
Puppy Essentials Amazon List
- Puppy Crate. I’m a big believer of crate training and having a dedicated space where our new puppy can be both contained and secure. It’s big enough for him to stand & turn in, but not so big that he can comfortably go to the bathroom. Dogs, much like humans, do not like to sleep in their mess!
- Crate Pad. My dogs have to be comfy! This fit perfectly into the puppy crate.
- Puppy Pads. Oh the joys of potty training! These are always handy to have around during the potty training phase.
- Dog Litter Pan – this one was actually a new discovery. I’ve never used one before but Emmitt was taught to use one by the breeder and is already used to it. I place it next to his crate and he knows to go there.
- Slicker brush. Frenchies are minimal shedders but this helps keep his hair glossy.
- Grooming glove. I like the grooming glove for short haired dogs. Plus, it feels like a massage for this little guy.
- Harness & Leash. I chose a harness over a collar for our Frenchie. With their breathing limitations, the harness minimizes the amount of pulling on their necks.
- Food Bowls I like these because of the non-slip holder. I learned the first day that our little pup likes to slam his paw into the water bowl to make it splash. Nice.
- Puppy Food. Our family has used this brand for years with no issue. Mix it with a little of the wet food & we’ve got happy campers.
- Chew Toys They’re much better than daddy’s shoes or furniture. 🙂
- Carpet/Floor Cleaner. Accidents are going to happen. An enzymatic cleaner will help cut through those trigger odors.
- Grooming Wipes. Great for accidents, cleaning paws or tear stains.
Download the list
Download a copy of our Puppy Essentials Shopping List if you’re adopting a new fur baby!