I keep telling myself that I won’t set resolutions this new year. I never fulfill them the way I think I will which leave me disappointed in myself. Yet here we are at the dawn of a new year and what am I contemplating? New year’s resolutions. I want to go a little deeper than the “I’m going to save money” or “I’m going to lose weight”. If I learned anything this year, it’s that family is important. Creating meaningful moments is important. Being kind to your mind, body and spirit will make me stronger and healthier. My New Year’s resolutions will focus on that. It will focus on removing the toxic, focusing on the positive and finding balance and harmony.
So here we go.
My 2017 New Year’s Resolutions
- Create a personal and creative space for everyone in the family.
- Eat family meals together at the table.
- Make time for prayer and thanks every day.
- Read to my kids more often.
- Encourage our creative pursuits.
- Spend more time outdoors.
- Trim the fat. Literally and figuratively. I have my passions. It’s time I focus & strengthen them. I’ve got to lose some weight too. I just gotta!
- Try a new dish at least 2 times a month.
- Add a serving of fruits and veggies to every meal.
- Learn to sew.
The list is hefty but doable. At least I hope it is. Each one will strengthen what is important to me. Creating quality moments with my family. Taking care of my personal well being and pursuing all the things that make me happy. 2016 was rough. I hope to make 2017 a wonderful year to remember.
Do you make New Year’s Resolutions for yourself?
What are your New Year’s Resolutions?
Share them in our comments!
Leave a Reply