Can you believe it’s already that time of the year? A New Year! A time for reflection and a time for change. For many, it’s a time to reset & refocus. That’s what I’ll be doing. Now that I’ve taken a look back at what I’ve done, it’s time to tweak what didn’t work and venture into new, exciting things.
My New Year’s Resolutions
- Complete a Spartan Trifecta. Eeeek! I’ve been debating if this would make the list. I completed my first Spartan Sprint last December. To have finished was such an accomplishment that it made me feel like I can do anything. Well, that anything comes in the form of a trifecta. Fingers crossed I can make it happen.
- Unassisted Pull-up. This is a carryover from 2018. I’m working my way through the lower resistance bands but not quite ready for an unassisted one. I’m hoping to accomplish this by June 1st.
- Volunteer more at the school. I love being with my kids and I want to know more about what goes on in their classrooms.
- Grow my real estate business. I’ve kept my real estate work on the quiet side; reserving it for personal use and for family. However, I found I enjoy it more & more.
- Finish my Europe vacation album. Oh I wish I was more efficient with this. I love albums and definitely want to get this one completed.
- Read 20 books. 15 was my goal last year and I made it to 20. Yay! Now I’m going for a goal of 20.
Word of the Year
Every year I also choose my word of the year. For the new year, that word is Unapologetic.
I found myself apologizing, unnecessarily, for a lot of things over the years. Lately, I’ve been standing my ground, respecting my own instincts & reactions even if they differ from what is expected from me. It’s gratifying. It is an opportunity to live my life on my terms. I want to focus on that. Choosing what’s best for me, even if it means going against the norm.
What is on your new year list?
Leave a Reply