My recent trip to Paris has awakened that travel bug in me again. I’d love to travel and explore new cities again like I used to in my 20’s. I’d even take the opportunity to visit places I’ve been to and see cities with a more mature (and dare I say cultured?) mind.
5 Places I Want to Travel To
- Bordeaux, France. I appreciated Paris my second time around (the first time was a little overwhelming) but I absolutely fell in love with the French countryside. While we were riding the train to Chatellerault France, I saw Bordeaux and it stuck in my mind. I’d love to hope on the train from the Paris airport and visit this region.
- Santorini, Greece. Yes please. The blue waters, the white buildings — it’s just calling out to my camera.
- Italy. Italy remains one of my favorite destinations. I’d love to visit again focusing on Venice and Lake Como. My last visit, they were the last 3 days. I’d love to truly explore this area again.
- Japan. Cherry blossoms and sushi? Yes – where’s my ticket.
- The Philippines. It’s been a very long times since I’ve gone home to the Philippines. Each visit was also to attend a family funeral. I really want to bring my kids to the Philippines – to meet cousins, to introduce them to their roots and to explore the countries wonderful topography. Hopefully we can make this happen within the next couple of years.
Sigh – the nostalgia is getting to me. What a wonderful way to imagine my day. Where would you like to travel to today?