I’m so sorry – this blog has been a little neglected hasn’t it?
Well, I have some excuse.
I’ve been studying for my license exam. PASSED!
It’s the holiday season, which means Bamboo Leaf Studios has been busy punching out those holiday photo sessions. Did you book your session?!
It’s the holiday season, which means holiday decorating, shopping, party planning and socializing…..
…and I’m supposed to still keep up with the baby room decorating?!?!
Okay honestly, I have been putting it off. Not because I don’t want to do it but more because the thought that the final stretch is here is a little bit overwhelming. In 8 weeks (if not SOONER!!!!) I’m going to be pushing a watermelon outta me….and that’s the best case scenario. I thought I had 40 weeks! Where did the time go?
In 8 weeks time (if not SOONER!!!!), I’m going to be responsible for this little person. She’s going to depend on me. ME! Someone who has a hard enough time keeping my room in order. Yikes!
And it’s going to be a change for both me and Mike. For the last 13+ years, it’s been me and him. We’ve only had ourselves to look out for. We’ve only had ourselves to think about and dream with. And I admit, it’s been smooth sailing. Compared to so many others, we’ve enjoyed so much of our time together. We have an incredible friendship and partnership….it’s a little daunting to think about the changes that’ll happen.
I always knew that marriage wouldn’t be our biggest challenge. There’s no one in the world I get along better with than my husband. Parenthood, I know will be our biggest challenge together. I can only hope and pray that our 13 years together has taught us the lessons we need to learn about compromise, working together, communication, sensitivity and compassion. Yikes! Presssssure!
Go Team M&M!
Anyway, with only 8 weeks left (if not SOONER!), we’ve still got a few things to do to prepare.
- Hospital orientation and tour (actually DONE! A new blog for that later)
- Finishing up the decor in the nursery
- Finish sewing the bedding for the nursery. Oh, who am I kidding? I haven’t even started! Thank goodness for sister in laws and BFF cousins!
- Wash, dry and fold the clothes and blankets
- Order my “baby” photography gear. Oh yeah, my girl is going to be photographed from day one and beyond
- Finish crocheting her beanies
- Start her baby album
- Pack my hospital bag (with list of people to update and photos to be taken!) LOL
Thank goodness I’m going on maternity leave in about 3 weeks. Sheesh!
Leave a Reply