Here’s another one – another resolution that I make but never really accomplish: SAVE MONEY.
In 2015, I’ve learned to value quality over quantity. I’ve assessed every purchase and asked myself “Do I need this?”. I’ve improved, but it can still get better.
My 2016 Plan to Save Money
- Create a monthly grocery budget. This one will involve some planning and prepping on my part but it will help me use what is already in inventory in our freezer and pantry and it will help me make smarter purchases.
- Monthly allowance. Mike and I have our monthly allowances but we’re going to stick to it. We’re going to stop throwing everything onto a credit card just because it gives us “points”. We both have our interests, as well as the kids do, and it’s important to enjoy it – but manage it.
- Spend more time at home. Seriously – we don’t need to hang out at the Outlets every weekend. Yes, we will spend money. Yes we will eat out. We need to stop doing that. We’re going to start enjoying activities at home, spend real quality time with our family and stop spending money!
- Coupon. Before buying something – look for a coupon!
- Save for trips. Yes, I would love to travel to a ton of places every year but I’ve got to learn to do it without throwing it on a credit card and leave it for later to worry about the expenses. Let’s plan better!
- Use our QuickBooks Software. Every month I want to start evaluating our spending. Where is it REALLY going?
Share your tips for saving money in our comments, or share a blog post!
Leave a Reply