Summers in California get to be really hot with temperatures ranging from the 90’s to the 110’s. Staying cool is a big deal when it gets to the more extreme temperatures. It’s always nice to find ways to survive the heat. So here are some of our favorite “beat the heat” things to do.
Summer Survival Tips
- Watch a Movie. The kids are old enough now to make it through a movie. The summer months usually have several kid-friendly shows that will keep the kids entertained and out of the heat. That air conditioning is awesome. Mama loves the popcorn too.
- Head to the Pool. Our neighborhood has a community pool that we like to frequent in the summer months. I try to go during the dinner hour when most families are sitting down for dinner. My kids eat as soon as they get home so the timing is perfect.
- We all scream for ice cream. My daughter is a big fan of this survival tip. She loves ice cream. When trying to beat the heat, we head out to our local Baskin Robbins for a lick of ice cream. Again, the air conditioning is nice and they get a nice treat. She likes chocolate. Her brother loves mint chip.
- Lake Side. For a nice weekend jaunt, we’ll head out to the lake with friends. Ever year we go on an annual camping trip to Bullard’s Bar in Campton, California. The kids put on their life vests and splash around in the lake.
Other Survival Tips
- Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is important to prevent dehydration.
- Wear a hat to keep the sun out of your face and to protect your skin.
- Sunscreen & Aloe Vera. Protect your skin from sunburn with sunscreen. Use Aloe Vera to cool skin off from the sun exposure.
What are some of your survival tips for summer?