TGIF! I can probably end this post with a THANK GOODNESS IT’S FRIDAY!
That’s how intense, overwhelming and crazy it’s been with work, photography, kids and life in general. It’s nice to just sit back and breathe most days. I hate to complain though because even on my hardest days, I know someone is going through worse and my blessings always…..always….far outweigh any problems I have. Sounds cliche and sunshine and roses but that’s totally me. I really don’t have time or a need to rant.
And with that – here’s my Thankful Friday Five:
- My job. For the first time in a long time, my voice cracked with tears. I was overwhelmed, over my head and in need of a major foothold. It was rough for me but I am so thankful that I have a job. I’m thankful that I come to a place that challenges me and pushes me outside of my comfort zone. It has made me smarter, wiser and resilient.
- The return of my Fall dramas. Grey’s Anatomy. Chicago Fire (awwww #Dawsey) and Chicago PD (Sophia Bush…love you girl). The Originals <<<<— totally my guilty pleasure. The Mikealson family are smooth and sophisticated…and they have amazing cheekbones and swoon worthy accents. Love them.
- My morning cup of coffee. I love that morning cup of coffee. Yum. 2 teaspoons of French Vanilla with freshly brewed Peet’s coffee. It’s just right especially after staying up late watching my above mentioned Fall dramas.
- Fall. It’s truly my favorite time of the year. My photography holiday sessions always wrap up my year. I love decorating for the season. My kids have completely revitalized Halloween for me and November ushers in a month of wonderful, delectable eating. Yes, it’s a wonderful season.
- Ballet classes. Malia started ballet classes this month and it gives me so much joy watching her participating, dance and have fun with it. It’s definitely my happy place. She’s just too adorable for words.
What are thankful for this week?