We embark on our first plane ride with Malia this today and I’m hoping that:
- I packed everything we’ll need
- I’m ready to anticipate what she needs before she needs it. Mike and I both are a little nervous about our first plane ride with her. Yikes!
We are headed to the windy city of Chicago for a week of fun and relaxation…at least that’s the plan. 🙂 I’m actually attending a business seminar for the first half of it, but we should still enjoy some time by the pool and some good eats by the time I’m done.
Tips for Traveling with Baby
- Have formula and a bottle ready for easy access. I used the Playtex Bottles with Liners and pre-measured the formula into the liners & just added water when I was ready. Just be sure to keep them easily accessible at security.
- Bring along baby’s favorite toys
- SNACKS. She loved fruit melts but I also brought her a banana.
- Keep everything you need within arms reach. The spot under the seat in front of you? Make sure that it has everything you need. You may not be able to get to your bag in the overhead compartment.
- Sit in the aisle. This is a personal preference. I hate climbing over people and like being able to easily stand up and walk around if needed.
- Have a bottle available at take off and landing. It helps with the change in elevation.
What are your tips for traveling with a baby? Share them in our comments and we’ll add them to our list.
Leave a Reply