I was able to snag a spare ticket to Sunday’s Bottlerock Napa Valley festival this past weekend. I knew that if anyone was going to draw me to the crowds at Bottlerock, Bruno Mars would. So I snagged the ticket and prepared to experience this annual music festival. Here were some of the highlights & takeaways from the day.
Bottlerock Napa Valley
- Oh the food! It isn’t your typical deep fried dishes. The food is delicious. From the Bling Bling Dumplings to the BBQ Tater Tots, everything we had was amazing. I especially liked the shrimp + pork rind taco from Tica’s Tacos.
- Don’t forget the drinks. My favorite is the Pina drink and my sister’s Sun God. Her drink was so refreshing!
- Grab your drink and people watch. I personally loved soaking in the atmosphere. The outfits, the antics and the overall vibe was awesome. We love all the boho chic.
- I was born for siestas. We came early and it was hot so our energy was zapped pretty quickly. So what to do? Grab more food, spread out your blanket (yes, bring one!) and enjoy a little siesta. A 10-minute nap was the ticket to enjoy the evening performances.
- I know more songs from Halsey than I thought. She has a beautiful voice and I must add more of her songs to my playlist.
- Bruno Mars is amazing live. He makes me feel like I can dance like a 90’s Fly Girl & sing like I have a voice. Just the Way You Are (afflink) remains my all time favorite song from him & singing that song with him was every thing. Everything! But Bruno – how about wearing some Bay Area gear when you’re singing in NorCal? 🙂 I think SF Giants Orange & Black would look so much better on you.
- If you danced the night away to his music, then you built up an appetite. A hot dog from the street vendors outside of the festival hit the spot perfectly. Grab one. It’s the perfect exclamation point to end an absolutely amazing day.
- Hooked! I thought seeing Bruno Mars at Bottlerock would be enough, but I’m hooked. I can’t wait to go again to experience the food, music and good vibes.