It’s that time of the year, SPRING CLEANING! After hibernating in the winter storms, I’m ready to tackle my Spring Cleaning checklist. You’ve already seen the fun things I want to do in my Spring Bucket list but a LOT of things have accumulated during those cold winter months. It’s time to brighten up the place and get things in order.
Spring Cleaning To Do List
- Clear out the dead plants from last year’s summer garden
- Rake up leaves from the winter
- Sweep the patio
- Throw out broken planters
- Refresh the herb garden
- Tighten up the screws & sand patio dining seat. The screws tend to get loose.
- Discard old, unused toys
- Dust off the lounge chairs
- Freshen up or replace outdoor pillows
- Re-pot plants into larger pots to allow growth
- Change filters
- Re-organize closets – Donate clothes, swap out Winter for Spring/Summer
- Change out the bedding
- Re-organize the linen closet
- Clean the drapes
- Clean the refrigerator
- Re-organize the kitchen shelves
- Clear out garage (and prep for a garage sale)
- Kid’s room: Clear out old toys and clothes
- Freshen up the craft bins
- Get the house professionally cleaned. Yes, this will happen. I promise it.
I don’t tackle the list all at once but will break them out into sections. Now that the kids have their own dedicated spaces, they are more and more involved in how they want their rooms to be. Surprisingly, my daughter is very neat in her room. She loves it organized and laid out in a very particular way. I say surprising because she is not at all like this in any other part of the house.
What’s on your Spring Cleaning List?
Leave a Reply